Bad breath is not a dangerous or fatal disease but it will somehow have a negative effect on your communication, work and social life. Particularly, those with severe bad breath are found to be unwilling, passive and embarrassed in communication. Some others even become depressed.
What are the causes of bad breath?
- Have a dry mouth: Dry mouth is due to lack of saliva provided to clean teeth and mouth muscles, causing some dead cells in teeth, gums and tongue. Therefore, bad smell will happen.
- Improper tooth brushing: A lazy tooth brushing habit or improper way of brushing teeth or eating so much sugar-contained food are the other causes of smelly odor in the mouth.
- Bad breath also happens to those suffering such diseases as: rectal hernia disease, gastroesophageal reflux, sinusitis, bronchitis, tonsillitis, chronic respiratory infection, chronic lung infection, lung cancer, pneumonia, weak liver, weak kidney or diabetes.
Following tips are suggested for bad breath remedy:
- Use mint leaves: Get fresh mint leaves, crush and mix with water in 1/3 ratio. Rinse with this water 3 times daily for both antibacterial treatment and bad breath removal.
- Eat fresh lemon peel: Wash fresh lemon peel, chew and swallow. You can also use a mixture of lemon juice and mouthwash twice a day. It helps clean your teeth, protect gums and remove bad breath.
- Yogurt with fresh ginger: Yogurt helps gradually eliminate the odor caused by hydrogen sulfide in your mouth. Acidity in yogurt also works in reducing plaque and harmful bacteria. Together with yogurt, you get ginger, slice and mix with tea to drink or mix with a slice of lemon to chew. Repeat it 2-3 times per day.
- Cajeput oil: Last bad breath cure is to use cajeput oil, which has been a very well- known method. Put one – two drops of cajeput oil on the toothbrush paste. Daily brush your teeth like this. Halitosis will be erased quickly.